Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ch. Triumphant's Saviour Machine


Bowie finished! :)

He actually got his last major in August, but I wanted to wait until I had the photos before I posted a full update. A lot has happened since then!

Bowie finished with a bang. I traveled with my mentor to the North Jersey and Del-Val brittany Specialties. What a great weekend! Not only did Bowie do well, but I met so many incredible people. The specialty took place at a field trial clubhouse and the weekend included lots of great food, cookouts, and many stories.

On Saturday we had a great start with a Best in Sweeps under Andrea Lane (of Jordean Kennels). She had nothing but good things to say about him! Then Bowie took Winners Dog and Best of Winners for his final major. I could barely keep from jumping up in the air!

Sunday Bowie continued by winning another Best in Sweeps! We moved him up to Best of Breed to compete against the big dogs, and I couldn't be happier with what happened. Since we were the move up, we were placed first in a long line of great Brittanys. Our judge, Richard Fox, was great with the dogs and kept a small notebook to write notes in... He took his time with each dog. The weather was rainy and cold- but Bowie thrived in it! He was totally "on" - going right to the end of his lead. I had a hard time keeping up! Bowie was pulled for the final cut. At the end of it all, his father, Ch. Triumphan'ts Absolut' went Best In Specialty, and Bowie, at only 1 year 7 months, went first Award of Merit to his father, beating some top dogs behind him! Wow, what a win. I was smiling from ear to ear.





Also, we have a new addition to the family: Indigo! AKA Triumphant's Indi-Go for Gold



Awwww :)

No comments: